CHRISTMAS CREATIVITY

• Wednesday 26 December 2012

The Christmas season always inspires me to roll up my sleeves and flex my creative muscles. This year was no exception! Here are some of the small projects I undertook:

CHRISTMAS CARDS

Each year, I like to send out Christmas greetings to our loved ones in the mail. Now that we live in an era of communicating via email and text message, it is nice (and almost novel) to receive more than just invoices in your letterbox, no? I am an advocate for handwritten letters and cards in the mail and will do my best to continue this tradition for as long as they create paper!

This year I decided on a 3D Christmas message. Several years ago I purchased a 3D Drawing Pad which I intended to use as invitation paper for my husbands 30th birthday. Having just had my husbands birthday and creating different invitations, I decided to finally put the paper to good use. I placed and order for bulk 3D glasses, designed and printed my message onto the 3D paper using my inkjet printer and packaged them together in red envelopes. The result is as you see below, a simple and bold Christmas wish!
3D Drawing Pad from Mad About Science
3D Glasses from Oz 3D Optics
Red Envelopes from Officeworks
Red Striped Tape from Mozi

STAFF CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST + CHRISTMAS DINNER

This year I leapt up on the boardroom table yelling "pick me!" volunteered to organise our work Christmas breakfast AND my husbands staff Christmas party. I delighted in every last detail and am not afraid to say it. The first step to recovery is in admitting you have a problem, after all.
GIFT GIVING

Whilst on the topic of admissions, I would like to confess a strong and persistent desire to perpetually  gift people. It strikes at any time, but especially at Christmas.

Inspired by Real Living, I decided to create personalised Christmas cookie mix jars and coupled them with Christmas cookie cutters, hand painted wooden spoons and a cooking glove to act as a "Christmas Stocking" and house all the goodies.

Recipe for each jar: 1/3 cup of CSR Brown Sugar, 1 cup of Homebrand Self Raising Flour, 1/3 cup of CSR Caster Sugar, 1/2 cup of Homebrand Rolled Oats, 1/3 cup of Cadbury Milk Chocolate Baking Chips, 1/3 cup of M&Ms Christmas Pack and 1/2 tsp of baking powder. 
750ml Jars from Just Jars 
Baking Glove from The General Trader
Home Essentials Stirring Spoon and Spatula from Woolworth's
Cookie Cutters from Woolworth's
Cotton Muslin Bags from Blank Goods
Red Paint from Officeworks
Red Twine from Belki
Adhesive Paper from Officeworks
Labels: I used the sweet red deer from Eat Drink Chic's Christmas tags and created the labels using Photoshop.

CHRISTMAS AT HOME

Instead of bottling up all the last snippets of inspiration, I sprinkled them with cheer around my home by decorating for Christmas. I live in a small inner city space and do not have a lot of room so I opt for subtle Christmas decorations.
What creative projects did you embark on this Christmas?

ps: We also celebrate Christmas on the 7th of January. This means more time with the Christmas tree, more presents + even more opportunity to spread love + cheer! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

8:18 All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger